Clamming, fishing, swimming, parties or just relaxing on the water or at our clubhouse grounds. Kitchen, grilling, shower facilities. Ice. Large canopied deck. Brand new composite docks. A member waiting list for boat dockage is maintained when docks are full. Dockmaster: Ron Moss
The classic fresh seafood restaurants of Galilee and Point Judith are nearby. Fresh seafood from local waters. Italian, American and other famous restaurants are minutes away in Narragansett, S. Kingstown, East Greenwich, etc. Plenty of choices. You'll never go hungry!
There are several Wednesday cookouts at no charge. Special events during the season include Italian Night, Fishing Tournament, Commodore's Reception, Memorial and Labor Day events and more... Other member suggested events welcomed!
Thank you to all who could make it and help put the club to sleep for the winter!
The water will be shut off by the end of the month. I will stay in touch with newsletters and on our web site - Gabe Brunelli, Commodore.
Email us at: email@example.com
We'll reply as soon as we can!
Check us out on Facebook:
Point Judith Yacht Club
New Member Fee: $925. - $500 initiation plus $425. annual membership.
Annual Membership fee is $425.
Annual Dock fees:
Main dock $75. per foot.
Pole slip up to 21' is $970 a season
Winter storage is $300
email PJYCRI@gmail.com for more info.
Members are encouraged to suggest and chair fun or educational events at anytime! Dates and Event Themes will be posted on a regular basis! Member Suggestions are Encouraged!
Check out this great video
PJYC sponsors an annual Fishing Tournament for members and guests There will be prize money awarded to winners in several categories. The tournament will conclude with an on-site dinner and festivities. Tourney shirts provided also. Details are being planned for the 2020 Tournament. Event chair Jeff Tkacs welcomes your ideas! All members are invited to participate in dinner, etc., if not fishing.
PJYC MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION
Welcome to the PJYC membership page. The information below is an overview of the general membership policies and procedures. More detailed information is located in the Annual PJYC Yearbook. New members are always welcomed and boat ownership is not required for membership to participate in the wide range of Club social activities. The basic new member application can be found in the forms download section. For specific membership questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org attention Jeff Tkacs, Membership Chair. The general maintenance of the clubhouse and grounds is performed by volunteer members and the Club operates on an annual ten point requirement for each membership unit. This point system is intended to have an active participatory membership. The frequently asked questions below may help perspective members.
Member FAQ/s the Top Ten
1. What is required to become a PJYC member? The membership application should be completed and mailed to the Club. An interview is then set up by the Membership Chair to tour the Club facilities. A recommendation of a current member is often the path to membership but is not required. When fees are paid, the membership application is presented to the Club Board of Directors for review and approval. The Board is the sole body to approve new members. If approved or denied for membership, the Membership Chair will notify the applicant.
2. How long does this take? From April through October, the Board meets monthly and member approvals can be added to those agendas at any time prior to the monthly meeting. During the off season, the membership process does continue, however approvals may take a bit longer as the Board does not meet on a regular basis. If I currently own a conforming size boat and it is docked in another marina, private dock or mooring or municipal mooring may I join the Club? Yes.
3. Are the Club docks currently full? Yes, as of October 2019. Is there a waiting list for dock space? Yes. Must I be a Club member to submit an application for the dock waiting list? Yes. Does the Club own any moorings in the pond? No. How quickly does the dock waiting list move? It depends on the annual turnover, if any during the mid September dock contract period.
4. If I join at a time in the midst of the point year am I still required to achieve the ten point requirement? No, there will be a pro-rated point requirement, the point year runs from September 16 to the following September 15. How are points earned? There are points earned for attending any Club meetings, and social functions. Position points are earned by serving on the Board of Directors, or heading various committees. Project points are earned by performing various work projects. If I keep my boat elsewhere am I still required to earn the ten points? Yes. All membership units have the ten point requirement.
5. Are there any social memberships? No. Are there any junior memberships? No. The sole membership unit has the standard annual membership fee.
6. If I co-own a boat, must each owner become a Club member? No. However, the non member owner is considered a guest may not use the clubhouse or grounds without the member owner being present. May the non member operate the boat from the docks without member owner being present? No. A co-owned boat with one member and one non member is not recommended.
7. Are my children considered club members? Yes, up to the age of twenty-one.
8. May I at any point sub-lease my slip? Yes, this situation is handled via the club Dock Master and the existing dock waiting list. The club owns the slip, not the member.
9. The transient dock can be used by members whether they are assigned a slip or moor the boat elsewhere? Yes, there are limits to the frequency and duration of the transient dock occupancy detailed in the Club Yearbook? Can guest boats or yacht club visiting boats occupy the transient dock? Yes, with restrictions. Commercial operations are not allowed from the transient dock or any other Club dock.
10. Is the PJYC currently in any member assessment program? No. Does the club own the property? The clubhouse and docks are owned by the club. The land is leased from the Town of South Kingstown. Does the club own the docks themselves? Yes, over the last few years a complete renovation of the docks was funded and completed.
On line ordering of PJYC approved apparel. Wear your PJYC clothing with distinction!
Hats, Tee-Shirts, Sweat Shirts, Vests, Long Sleeves & more...
Commodore .......... Gabe Brunelli
Vice-Commodore... Roger Hood
Treasurer .............. Kathleen Morrissey
Secretary .............. Jill Cunningham
Past Commodore... Bob Rodericks
Board of Trustees:
Bob Ireland, Jim Beck, Jack Kopka, Mike Naysnerski, Steven DeConte, Lino Correadora
Dockmaster ... Ron Moss
PJYC is essentially closed for the year. However there is one more informal event scheduled:
The PJYC 4th Annual Holiday Gathering:
Saturday, December 14th, 2019
2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
865 Boston Neck Rd.
Informal, no RSVP needed, no tickets, just stop by if you can! Let's spread some Holiday cheer!